Sunday 29th March: 5th Sunday of Lent / Passion Sunday
Please contact us if you would like us to pray for you during Morning Prayer said each week day morning.
The peace of God, which passes all understanding, keep our hearts and minds in the knowledge and love of God, and of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. And the blessing of God Almighty, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, be upon us and remain with us, and upon those whom we love, always. Amen
Sunday 22nd March: Mothering Sunday
National Day of Prayer and Action
The Archbishops of Canterbury and York, along with fellow bishops and other church leaders, are calling for a National Day of Prayer and Action this coming Mothering Sunday (March 22).
‘Light a candle at 7.00pm and put it in your window; ring someone who is isolated and vulnerable; buy an extra item and place it in your local food bank; keep your night shelters open.
‘We have a stronghold and refuge, we do not depend on ourselves alone, for God keeps us so that as the Shepherd song ends: ‘Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days of my life.’
In light of the Government guidance around non-essential contact, the Archbishops of Canterbury and York have issued advice that public worship is suspended until further notice.
The West Hereford Team will be implementing the above advice with immediate effect.
Worship services are for many a time of refreshing, uplifting encouragement, so we take this action with a heavy heart, but the health and safety of our communities are of the utmost importance at this time.
Psalm 139 says
‘Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.’
We may be scattered, but we are still a part of the Body of Christ, God’s Church, and we will do our best to support one another in this time of uncertainty. Here’s a few ways we would like to offer help:
- Each church has coordinated a pastoral care team who will check in with people and offer prayers, or practical help if possible.
- Ruth will continue to say Morning Prayer at Holy Trinity daily at 8.15am, on her own. If you would like your name, or the name of a loved one, added to the prayer list, please contact us. The churches may be open at other times for prayer, please check with us.
- We have an order of service ready to go to anyone who would like to worship from home. It contains a service, prayers and lectionary readings. There is also an order of service for those wanting to make a spiritual communion. You can find these in the weekly resources at the top of this page.
- We will be publishing a sermon each week on our website and Facebook pages. If you would like a paper copy please let us know.
- We will attempt to print and send out Teamtalk as usual as a way of keeping people connected.
- If you would like to join others virtually for worship, you might like to watch: Songs of Praise on BBC One, Sundays at 1.15pm or listen: Radio 4 Sunday Worship from 08.10am
- We will be looking at other ways that we can worship together as a scattered community over this period of Lent and Easter.
Please do remember to take sensible precautions for yourselves and others.
Psalm 24 says ‘Be still, and know that I am God’
May you find God in the stillness of these days.
Jesus said ‘Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.’
May the peace of God which passes all understanding keep your hearts and minds in the knowledge and love of God, and of his son, Jesus Christ, our Lord.
01432 273086 or use our form on the Contact Us page
17th March 2020
You can find up to date national information, including advice on weddings and baptisms here: Church of England advice and updates
For Team updates, please check here or on our Facebook pages: All Saints Church, Hereford, Holy Trinity Church, Hereford, St Nicholas’ Church, Hereford and St Michael’s Church, Breinton.